Tales of Joy R.E.A.D.® Program team!!
- Observe a R.E.A.D.® session in "Action"!
- See what is involved at each R.E.A.D.® session
- Supplies/equipment necessary
- Dedication and time commitment involved
- Physical and emotional commitment of you and your dog partner
- Benefits and rewards of working with students!
- CGC Certification (Canine Good Citizen) www.akc.org
- Attend a CGC class
- Pass CGC test
- Receive Certification
- ATD, Inc. Registration (Alliance of Therapy Dogs) www.therapydogs.com
- Contact Jackie Barron, ATD Tester/Observer - cell (505) 228-3112
- View DVD Training video and Pass initial ATD, Inc. Test
- Two medical observations at a selected facility (minimum)
- One school observation simulating a R.E.A.D.® session at a selected facility (minimum)
- Complete ATD, Inc. application, attached ATD, Inc. Test/Observation paperwork, applicable fee
- Receive your ATD, Inc. ID card and dog ID tag
- Tales of Joy R.E.A.D.® program membership
- Receive R.E.A.D.® manual; View DVD Training video; attend R.E.A.D. training
- Complete R.E.A.D.® written test
- Complete R.E.A.D.® application as a Tales of Joy R.E.A.D. group member, applicable fee
- Receive your R.E.A.D.® ID card and dog ID tag
- Rio Rancho Public Schools Volunteer Packet (for all non-RRPS employees)
- Complete Volunteer Application online process by going to: www.rrps.net click on District - scroll down to Volunteers - follow the online process. Notify Theresa McKinney when you have received approval notification.
- Contact Information: Theresa McKinney, Tales of Joy R.E.A.D.® Program Coordinator